Nov 7, 2010

All Boys - River Plate

Argentina Primera Division, Apertura

I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the odds, and I just can't understand why River is a favorite here (probably because people are betting, and odds are set in favor of the big name). Even saw, I waited until the last minute to take the bet, as I was waiting for some last minute news on All Boys's line-up, as they had 5 regulars doubtful. And the news are pretty good, as 3 of those 5 have been recovered and should start, leaving only midfielder Perea and striker Ereros out of the game. The absence of Ereros could be the tricky part here, as in his place, Fabbiani will play, and he's pretty much awful. But I have faith in his team-mates, and if they play like they usually do on home ground, I don't give River much chances. All Boys are really playing well at home, defeating some huge names from Argentina, like Boca, Estudiantes or Independiente, and besides the wins, what really surprised me was the way they are playing, always looking for the goal, and avoiding the 'defend at all costs' strategy, that the small teams usually employ. River, on the other hand, are still in the relegation play-off area, and look totally out of form. Despite their big names (Pavone, Buonanotte, Funes Mori, etc), they just can't seem to get it right, and are on a streak of 6 games without a win. They have a lot of troubles in scoring, despite being able to create a lot of chances, and if they let their opponents to put pressure on them, it usually turns into a conceded goal. The DNB looks great, same as the over 2 line, as I expect an open game, with All Boys as the most probable winner. GL!

All Boys DNB @ 2, 3/10
Result: 1-0, WON

No comments:

Post a Comment